Mango puree can add sweetness to the products you offer in the market. From 2005 to 2020, per capita consumption of this fruit increased by 93.1% in the United States (ProducePay, 2020). Discover its advantages and do not hesitate to add it to your products.
Why should companies add mango puree as an ingredient?
Mango is a tropical fruit that has gained great popularity among Americans. Its unique sweet taste and all the beneficial components of this fresh fruit make it both a healthy and delicious alternative.
However, the use of mango flavor in commercial products is not very common in the U.S. market. By the beginning of the 21st century, the general population did not know this fruit, what it tasted like, or what it looked like (Fruit Portal, 2022).
Currently, mango is a fruit in high demand in the United States. As if that were not enough, there are recipes that include it and with which any diner can enjoy a unique dish. Thus, there are few companies that are aware of its potential in the United States, and this could be their opportunity to grow.
Qualities that cannot be compared
The difference between mango puree and other fruits lies in its nutritional value, in addition to its unparalleled flavor. While rich in vitamins and minerals, mangoes are also an extraordinary source of fiber (MSPBS, 2022).
In turn, an American is more likely to know the taste of mango than any other tropical fruit. Also, mango flavor additives are currently not widely used by companies.
In addition, the health benefits of mango consumption include that (MSPBS, 2022):
- Contributes to the prevention of breast, leukemia, prostate, and colon cancer.
- Encourages the body to produce red blood cells and collagen.
- Helps to form strong bones and teeth.
- It is suggested for the treatment of dry eyes.
- Strengthens the body’s immune system.
What processes are important to achieve healthy fruit supplements?
Before adding any type of fruit to your or your customers’ meals, consider that they comply with the necessary healthy procedures. For its part, mangowill guarantee an explosive flavor for desserts, cold drinks and many other preparations.
With all this, to ensure the quality of the fruit it is necessary that its production guarantees the following aspects (WHO, 2012):
- Personal hygiene. It is not superfluous to mention that those in charge of the fruit must comply with the hygiene margins. In this way, crops will be positively affected, which increases their durability and good taste.
- Fields protected from animal fecal contamination. It is mandatory that fruit production is done in a responsible way. Both import and export suggest that the fields are safe from fecal contaminants.
- Treated and certified fertilizer. This ensures the healthy production of fruits and vegetables.
- Contaminant-free irrigation water. Daily assessment and risk management is critical to the growth of mango or any other fruit.
- Quality standards in storage and transportation facilities. For the consumer to have fresh fruit in perfect condition, it must be protected after harvest.
Points to consider before partnering with a mango puree distributor
Now that you know all the benefits of mangoes and mango puree, you may be interested in adding them to your food. To do so, consider these factors before partnering with a mango pulp distributor (UJMD, n.d.):
- Trade of origin. Mango cultivation can offer different qualities and characteristics. Therefore, you should consider that the Colombian mango may be different from the one produced in the United States.
- Market price. During June, mangoes reach their maximum value; both in cost and sale. Because of this, each distributor can offer you different prices.
Include mango puree in your next products and succeed
Year after year, it is increasingly consumed in the United States (ProducePay, 2020). When you buy mango puree, you are buying the best quality pulp of the fruit. Let your products take advantage of this tropical fruit and see how your customers will prefer your company!
- MSPBS (2022). Mango: properties and recipes of the seasonal fruit. Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare of Paraguay.
- WHO. (2012). Five keys to growing safer fruits and vegetables: promoting health by reducing microbial contamination. World Health Organization.
- Portal Frutícola (2022). Mango consumption in the United States, a promising future.
- ProducePay (2021). Current situation of the fresh mango market in the United States.
- UJMD. (n.d.). Suppliers: key element in the fruit and vegetable sector. Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado.